Analysis of The Advantages and Disadvantages of Electric Shut-Off Valves
Electric shut-off valves are generally fully open and fully closed. Considering the flow characteristics, the globe valve and ball valve have the characteristics of short opening and closing stroke, fast speed, reliable sealing, and small opening and closing static torque, so both types of products have been applied. However, from the perspective of reliability, the mainstream product is still the pneumatic shut-off valve.
Advantages of electric shut-off valve in use:
1. The structure is simple, and the manufacture and maintenance are more convenient.
- The working stroke is small, and the opening and closing time is short.
3. Good sealing performance, small friction between the sealing surfaces, and long life.
4. The structure of the electric globe valve body includes straight-through type, direct-flow type and right-angle type. Straight-through is the most common structure, but its fluid resistance is the greatest. Direct flow fluid has low resistance and is mostly used for fluids containing solid particles or high viscosity. Right-angle valve bodies are mostly forged, which is suitable for shut-off valves with smaller passages and higher pressures.
5. The friction of the sealing surface during opening and closing is smaller than that of the gate valve, and it is wear-resistant.
6. Usually there is only one sealing surface, and the manufacturing process is good, which is convenient for maintenance.
Disadvantages in the use of electric shut-off valve:
1. The fluid resistance is large, and the force required for opening and closing is large.
2. It is not suitable for media with particles, high viscosity and easy to coke.
3. Poor adjustment performance.
- The electric shut-off valve adopts the bellows seal design, which completely eliminates the shortcomings of common valve stem packing seals that are aging and easy to leak. It not only improves the use of energy efficiency, increases the safety of production equipment, and reduces maintenance costs and frequent maintenance. , It also provides a clean and safe working environment.
1. Double sealing design (bellows + packing) If the bellows fails, the stem packing will also be avoided;
2, external leakage, and in line with international sealing standards;
3. There is no fluid loss, which reduces energy loss and improves plant equipment safety;
4. Long service life, reducing maintenance times and operating costs;
5. Robust and durable bellows seal design ensures zero leakage of the valve stem and provides maintenance-free conditions.