Why does The Vacuum Pump Bearing Become Hot?
Because the vacuum pump will be formed under high-speed operation, the rotor speed will be too fast to form the bearing supporting the rotor heating. There are usually the following reasons for the bearing overheating during the operation of the vacuum pump. The vacuum pump repair manufacturer will sort it out for you.
- Valve plate cracking: When a valve plate cracks, the pressure on both sides of the impeller will be unbalanced, and the rotor will generate axial force, which will increase the bearing load, and long-term operation will increase the bearing temperature. In this case, the valve plate should be replaced in time.
- Shaft end seal failure: When the shaft end seal packing is damaged or the sealing water channel is blocked, air will be sucked into the pump body from these damaged gaps, which will form the suction and exhaust performance of the pump. If only one side of the seal fails, the pressure on both sides of the impeller will be unbalanced, and the rotor will generate axial force, which will aggravate the bearing load and increase the bearing temperature.
- Excessive bearing pre-tightening force: This situation will promote bearing clearance reduction or no clearance, resulting in bearing heating.
- Sensational influence: When the pump body or bearing is sensational, the bearing temperature will be too high. Check the pump body to find out the cause of the sensation and eliminate the sensation, then the bearing temperature will recover.
- Smooth appearance: The increase of the smooth grease is too large or too small, or the type of the grease does not match, if the grease is used for too long or the grease is contaminated, it will cause bearing heating. At this moment, you should check the type of lubricating grease and ask the vacuum pump repair manufacturer for the appropriate dosage. Adjust the lubricating grease to recover the bearing temperature.
- Bearing damage: After the bearing roll body and bearing cage are damaged, the appearance of bearing overheating will appear. If the bearing is damaged, it is necessary to replace the new bearing in time.