Features and Uses of Electric Ball Valve
The ball valve is mainly used to cut off or connect the medium in the pipeline, and can also be used for fluid adjustment and control. Compared with other valves, it has the following advantages.
- The fluid resistance is small. The ball valve is the smallest fluid resistance of all valves. Even the reduced diameter ball valve has relatively small fluid resistance.
- The thrust bearing reduces the friction torque of the valve stem, which can make the valve stem operate smoothly and flexibly for a long time.
- The valve seat has good sealing performance. The sealing ring made of PTFE and other elastic materials is easy to seal, and the valve sealing ability of the ball valve increases with the increase of the medium pressure.
- The valve stem is reliable in sealing. Because the valve stem is only used for imitating rotation and not lifting movement, the packing seal of the valve stem is not easy to be damaged, and the sealing capacity increases as the pressure of the medium increases.
- Since materials such as polytetrafluoroethylene have good self-lubricity and small friction loss with the ball, the service life of the ball valve is long.
- The bottom-mounted valve stem and the convex step of the valve stem head prevent the valve stem from spraying out. If the valve stem seal is damaged due to fire, the convex step and the valve body can also form metal contact to ensure the valve stem seal.
- Anti-static function: a spring is set between the ball, valve stem and valve body, which can lead out the static electricity generated during the switching process.