What are the Characteristics of Tank Bottom Ball Valves?
Tank bottom ball valve is a kind of ball valve. It is equipped with a special tank bottom connecting surface flange for welding on the bottom of the reaction tank or vessel. Its end profile and radius have an effective gravity discharge effect. It has a smooth tapered hole and inside the tank. The ultra-close sphere prevents the accumulation of medium at the valve inlet, which ensures smooth drainage. So what are the characteristics of the tank bottom ball valve?
Characteristics of tank bottom ball valve:
- The fluid resistance is small, and its resistance coefficient is equal to that of a pipe section of the same length.
- Simple structure, small size and light weight.
- It is tight and reliable. The sealing surface material of the ball valve is widely used plastic, and it has good sealing performance. It has also been widely used in the vacuum system.
- Convenient operation, rapid opening and closing, only need to rotate 90° from fully open to fully closed, which is convenient for remote control.
- Convenient maintenance, simple structure of the ball valve, the sealing ring is generally movable, it is convenient to disassemble and replace.
- When fully open or fully closed, the sealing surface of the ball and the valve seat is isolated from the medium. When the medium passes, it will not cause erosion of the valve sealing surface.
- It has a wide range of applications, with a diameter ranging from a few millimeters to a few meters, and can be applied from high vacuum to high pressure. When the ball rotates 90°, it should show a spherical surface at the inlet and outlet, so as to cut off the flow.